Audio version of the post (you need to be registered user for listening):

Today, I want to talk about bringing order into our lives. I think many of you have experienced a chaotic mind, where you don't know what to tackle first and feel overwhelmed by a mountain of tasks. This can often lead to anxiety. I know this feeling all too well, so today, I want to share some simple methods that help me create order in my life and feel a sense of ease.

The first step is to tidy up your surroundings. The space around us directly affects our mental processes. The cleaner the space, the clearer our thoughts. So, it's crucial to get rid of visual clutter to prevent mental clutter. 

Secondly, declutter your belongings. We often accumulate items we no longer use or enjoy, which can weigh us down emotionally without us even realizing it. The more things we have, the more responsibility we feel, which can be quite burdensome. For example, I'm planning to go through my wardrobe because having clothes I don't wear feels like a heavy burden. Getting rid of unnecessary items can lighten this load.

My third favorite tip is incredibly effective: take a piece of paper and a pen, and start a brain dump. Write down everything that's bothering you, from tasks and deadlines to appointments and unsaid thoughts to loved ones. Spending an hour or so to write down everything that's on your mind can be very liberating. You might find that some tasks are no longer relevant, some can be done in the next few days, and some just need to be written down to start tackling them. This method helps you see everything clearly and reduces the fear of forgetting something important.

Another important step is to eliminate background noise for a couple of days. This means turning off the TV, stopping social media scrolling, and avoiding anything that distracts you from your thoughts and tasks. These distractions don't solve your problems; they just delay facing them, making the chaos worse. Spend a few days in calm and focus.

Building on that, cut out sources of unnecessary information. For example, if you follow someone on social media who overwhelms you with too much information, consider unfollowing them. Unsubscribe from promotional emails that clutter your inbox and mind. This will help you avoid unnecessary distractions and impulsive purchases, allowing your mind to stay clear and focused.

Next, start keeping a journal for your daily and weekly tasks. Even if you're not used to keeping a diary, try it for a week or two when you feel overwhelmed. Writing down your plans for the next day or week helps you keep track of your tasks without having to remember everything. Checking your journal in the morning and evening reassures you that you're on track and haven't forgotten anything, which is very calming.

Finally, consider changing your environment, especially through physical activity. Sports, running, dancing—any form of physical activity can work wonders. Exercise serves as a form of meditation, allowing you to disconnect from your worries and focus on the present moment. Afterward, you'll return to your tasks with a clear mind and renewed energy.

These are the main ways I bring order to my life and mind. I hope they help you as much as they've helped me.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm a bit skeptical about how effective these methods really are. 

Let me explain. I've always had a pretty chaotic life, and my mind feels like a mess most of the time. I see advice like this all the time, but I wonder if it actually works. For example, I live in a small apartment and it's always messy. Would cleaning up really make that much of a difference in how I feel? It sounds too simple to be true.

Also, decluttering? I have so many things that I've accumulated over the years, and getting rid of stuff feels like a huge task. Plus, I can't imagine it having a big impact on my mental state. My clothes are just clothes, right?

Writing everything down sounds a bit more promising, but who has the time to sit down and list every single worry or task? And even if I did, would seeing it all on paper actually make me feel less stressed, or just more overwhelmed?

Then there's the advice about eliminating background noise and distractions. I get it, social media and TV can be time-suckers, but they also help me unwind after a long day. Is it really realistic to cut those out completely?

Keeping a journal for daily and weekly tasks seems practical, but again, I question if it would really help me stay organized and reduce anxiety. I've tried making to-do lists before, and they usually just end up forgotten in a drawer.

Finally, exercise is something everyone recommends, but it feels like another task to add to my already busy schedule. I know it's supposed to help clear your mind, but finding the time and motivation to work out is tough.

So, I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way. Has anyone actually tried these methods and found them to be effective? Or is it just more self-help fluff that sounds good in theory but doesn't work in real life?

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks!

• Like 1