Whoever it is—Elon Musk, Sergey Brin, Ursula von der Leyen —they all have the same 24 hours in a day. But not everyone knows how to manage their time effectively. Imagine these high-profile individuals with countless responsibilities—how do they manage to get everything done without going crazy? In this video, I aim to transform you into an efficiency monster in just seven steps.

First and foremost, understanding deep and shallow work is crucial. If you want to accomplish significant work, you need to allocate sufficient time to it. Spend at least two to three hours on a single task without distractions. Sometimes, you might even dedicate an entire day to one objective, as my mentor Sam Ovens does. He sets aside whole days to concentrate on specific tasks, ensuring he enters a state of deep focus.

When you’re frequently interrupted, your work quality suffers. You need to separate your tasks into deep and shallow work. For deep work, eliminate all external distractions—turn off your phone, close your door, and make sure no one can interrupt you. I, for example, wake up at 5 AM and start working immediately, but often my cats, who live with me, interrupt me. They meow to be let in and out of the room, breaking my concentration. Removing such distractions is key to maintaining focus.

Another important tip is to spend less time on meals. Consider having one or two meals a day to save time. I practice intermittent fasting, eating only at 1 PM and 6:30 PM, which helps me concentrate better. Conventional advice to eat five times a day is time-consuming and counterproductive. By reducing meal frequency, you can free up a couple of hours each day.

Equally important is minimizing time spent on social media and other distractions. Following sports events or celebrities takes up a lot of time and mental energy without adding any real value to your life. For example, I once woke up at 3 AM to watch a football game Madrid - Barcelona, but in the end, it didn’t change anything for me. These events don't influence your personal goals, so it's better to focus on what you can control.

If you’re not willing to sacrifice the unimportant things, you end up sacrificing your goals. Prioritize what truly matters to you and eliminate what doesn’t. Reflect regularly on your activities to ensure they align with your goals. Spend 30 minutes a day thinking about how you can improve your efficiency and productivity. Often, we are our own best advisors when we take the time to reflect.

Planning is another critical aspect. Spend five minutes before bed planning the next day. This simple habit can save you a lot of time and make your day run smoothly. Writing down your tasks and having a clear schedule can boost your efficiency by up to 40%.

Also, think about what you do just before bed. Reflect on your business or goals, as this can help your brain process and generate valuable insights while you sleep. Your brain consolidates memories during sleep, so thinking about something important before bed can yield great ideas by morning.

Consider the time you spend commuting. For instance, I switched to a gym that's only a five-minute walk from my house instead of a 20-minute one, saving me significant time each week. These small optimizations can add up, freeing up time for more productive activities.

Lastly, delegate tasks to others. It’s crucial for scaling productivity. Identify tasks that consume a lot of your time or that you don’t enjoy, and delegate them. This could be hiring a cleaning service or using a meal delivery service to save time. In your business, delegate tasks like video editing or community management to focus on more important activities.

In summary, these eight steps can drastically improve your time management and help you free up valuable time. By eliminating unnecessary distractions, planning effectively, and delegating tasks, you can focus on achieving your most important goals.

A story about time management in unexpected way...

There once was a city called Chronopolis, where time was the most valuable currency. The residents of Chronopolis all had the same 24 hours each day, but their success was measured by how effectively they used those hours. At the heart of the city lived a wise mentor named Tempus, who had mastered the art of time management and knew the secrets to unlocking the true power of every minute.

One day, a young and ambitious resident named Lia came to Tempus, frustrated and overwhelmed. "I don't understand," she said. "I work hard every day, but I can't seem to get ahead. I have so many distractions, and at the end of the day, I feel like I've accomplished nothing."

Tempus nodded, having heard similar concerns from many others before her. "Lia," he said, "the key to mastering time is not just about working harder, but about working smarter. Let me show you the way."

He started by teaching Lia about the concept of deep work. "To truly make progress," Tempus explained, "you must dedicate time to focused, uninterrupted work. This is where the magic happens. When you commit two to three hours—or even a whole day—to a single important task, without letting distractions creep in, you unlock a level of productivity you never knew was possible."

Lia was intrigued but skeptical. "But what about all the other things I have to do? And the distractions—they're everywhere!"

Tempus smiled. "That's where prioritization and planning come in. You must learn to separate the essential from the trivial. Not everything demands your attention. Reflect on what truly matters, and let go of the rest. And remember, it's not just about planning what to do, but also about creating an environment where you can do it without interruptions."

He went on to share more wisdom: "Simplify your life, Lia. Don't spend time on things that don't add value to your goals. Meals, for example—do you need to eat five times a day? Or could you focus on fewer, more nutritious meals and save time? The same goes for social media and other distractions—ask yourself, do they help you, or do they hold you back?"

Lia began to see the pattern. It wasn't about squeezing more activities into her day but about eliminating the unnecessary ones.

"Tempus," she asked, "what about the time I spend commuting, or on chores I don't enjoy? It feels like such a waste."

"Ah," Tempus replied, "that's where delegation comes in. If there are tasks that drain your time and energy, and if you can afford to delegate them, do so. Free up your time for what truly matters. In a city like Chronopolis, time is your most precious resource—spend it wisely."

Over the next few weeks, Lia started implementing Tempus' teachings. She set aside dedicated blocks of time for deep work, minimized distractions, and planned her days with purpose. She delegated tasks that others could do better or faster, freeing up her own time for more meaningful work. And slowly but surely, she began to notice a shift.

Her work became more focused, her progress more measurable. The time she once felt slipping away was now being used with intention, and she felt a sense of control she had never experienced before.

One evening, after a particularly productive day, Lia returned to Tempus. "I understand now," she said. "The time was never missing—it was always there, waiting for me to use it wisely."

Tempus smiled. "Indeed, Lia. Time is the one resource you can never get back, but you can always learn to manage it better. The difference between those who thrive and those who struggle is not in the hours they have, but in how they choose to spend them."

And with that, Lia walked away from Tempus' home, no longer just a resident of Chronopolis, but a master of her time. She knew that every hour, every minute, held the potential for greatness—it was up to her to unlock it.

In the end, the story of Chronopolis is not just about a city or a mentor. It's about each of us, living in our own version of Chronopolis, with the same 24 hours in a day. The question is, how will you choose to spend yours?

Yeah, sounds like the perfect plan—just keep working until you drop! Who needs sleep or a life when you can be 'productive' 24/7? Burnout is just a myth, right? 😏

Exactly—productivity and focus are crucial, but they’re not sustainable without breaks. It’s like running a marathon: if you sprint the whole way, you’re going to burn out before the finish line. Regular breaks help recharge your energy, keep your mind sharp, and actually improve your overall productivity.

So, by all means, dive deep into your work, but don’t forget to come up for air. Balance is key. Take those breaks—you’ll get more done in the long run!