our limitations define usI've spent my entire life searching for hidden potentials within myself. I wanted to understand my true calling, my talents, and my abilities. I was eager to discover what I was capable of. However, it took me a long time to realize that far more valuable knowledge lies in understanding what I cannot do.

There is no knowledge in life that costs us more dearly. I am not cut out to be a leader. It took me twenty years to come to this realization. Why did it take so long to grasp these simple truths? It wasn't until I had ruined countless relationships with people I tried to manage that I finally understood.

I am not a businessman. I do not have the knack for generating profit. This understanding cost me ten bold, loud, yet commercially disastrous projects. I am not a novelist either. I can write posts, but I am incapable of writing stories or novels. This realization took another five years of attempts, disappointments, struggles, and hopes.

And today, I ask myself, "Why did it take me so long to understand these seemingly obvious things?" The answer is that instead of accepting and respecting my limitations, I kept trying to overcome them, hoping that I would eventually succeed. My schoolteacher, Milva, had a phrase she loved to repeat: "If you can't do it, then you must push through it."

It took me half a lifetime to realize that the principle of "pushing through" doesn't help; in fact, it significantly hinders. Life would be boring if our individualities could easily be shaped into uniform bricks, neatly fitting into the structure of society. But in reality, that's not how it works - and thank goodness for that. Each of us is a piece of a giant mosaic, with our own unique shape and our own distinct way of interacting with others.

Our individuality is defined not by our talents, but by our inabilities. Not by our possibilities, but by our limitations. It is not about what you can change in yourself, but about what you are unable to change. People often say that the path to success lies in knowing your talents. I don't believe this is true. Success comes from understanding and accepting your limitations.

By recognizing and accepting these limitations, we avoid wasting endless time trying to overcome them. Instead, we can use that time to develop what we are truly capable of. So, after all my searching—trying to find my talents, abilities, callings, and opportunities—this is what I've realized: 

To find yourself is to discover, understand, and accept what you cannot do. What you can do will reveal itself naturally if you simply give it the chance and a bit of time.

Final Thoughts

This reflection speaks to a profound truth about self-discovery that many of us overlook. In a world that glorifies perseverance and self-improvement, it’s easy to forget that knowing our limits is just as important as knowing our strengths. Understanding and embracing what we cannot do frees us from the endless cycle of frustration and allows us to focus on nurturing the talents that are truly ours. It’s a reminder that success is not just about conquering every challenge, but about knowing which battles are worth fighting.

• 3 weeks later...

fear of making a changeThe fear of making changes in our lives is one of the most irrational things right now. Life is changing faster than we can keep up with, and resisting these changes leaves us lagging behind. Our internal readiness to embrace change, welcome the new, and stay curious is more crucial than ever.

Ask yourself: Where else can I express my potential? How can I expand my social circle and connect with new people? What new activities can bring me joy and fulfillment? These are the questions worth pondering, especially if you're hesitant about making changes. People often fear that altering something in their lives might lead to unexpected or negative outcomes. But the truth is, things are already shifting around us, and they won't always go as planned anyway. 

We’ve entered a phase where change is constant; it’s a new world, and we need to adapt to it. Adaptation isn't about stubbornly holding on to old ways, like the fairytale character who resisted being pushed into the oven by Baba Yaga, arms and legs flailing, refusing to go along. Clinging to what feels safe or familiar won’t help us preserve the life we know; things will inevitably evolve, whether we like it or not.

The key is to accept that everything is changing and to make those changes from a place of intention rather than resistance. Instead of becoming a passive victim of circumstances, take an active role in guiding your transformation. It's about shifting your mindset: Instead of fearing the unknown, view it as a field of possibilities waiting to be explored. The world is full of new opportunities to grow, learn, and thrive.

Additional Thoughts:

1. Change as a Skill: Think of adaptability as a skill that you can develop. Just like any other skill, it requires practice, patience, and sometimes a bit of discomfort. But the more you exercise it, the better you become at navigating life's unpredictabilities.

2. Focus on Growth, Not Perfection: Understand that perfection isn’t the goal - progress is. Each step towards embracing change, no matter how small, counts. Even setbacks can teach us valuable lessons that contribute to our growth.

3. Seek Support and Community: Surround yourself with people who are also committed to growth and change. Engaging with supportive communities can ease the fear of the unknown and provide inspiration and encouragement.

4. Create a Vision for Your Future: Visualize the life you want, not just the one you fear losing. This mindset shift from scarcity to abundance can help you find motivation to move forward, even when it feels uncomfortable.

5. Celebrate Small Wins: Acknowledge and celebrate every little step you take towards change. Recognizing your progress, no matter how minor, builds confidence and reinforces a positive outlook.

Final Thoughts:

The fear of change is a natural human reaction, but in our rapidly evolving world, it's more dangerous to remain stagnant. We often fear the unfamiliar because our brains are wired to seek safety in what’s known. However, the real risk lies in resisting change when the world around us is in constant flux. Change isn’t the enemy; our resistance to it is. The more we embrace new experiences, ideas, and challenges, the more resilient and fulfilled we become. Remember, you don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward. Just take the next step, and the path will reveal itself as you go.

embrace uncertaintyHow to Embrace Uncertainty, Complexity, and Contradictions in Today’s World

What keeps me going is the realization that we are always running behind. I use the word "running" deliberately because it's the feeling that pushes me forward. Fear isn't the motivator; it's the understanding that the world is speeding ahead, and I need to keep up, even if it sometimes feels overwhelming. 

The world of technology is dizzying—filled with endless updates, digital noise, endless chats, and systems that can feel absolutely bewildering. But instead of letting that frustration defeat me, I push myself. Every new model, every update, it all feels like an uphill battle. I don't master it all by myself—I have an assistant who helps manage it. He sets up the access, and then it's my turn to wrestle with this technology. I talk to it, test it, draw things with it, and try to understand how it solves problems, how it thinks, and where its limitations are. 

A prime example is the experimental process we are using to create an audiobook. Nowadays, it's difficult to even tell if it's me speaking or an AI-generated voice. There are countless settings to tweak and adjust, but soon enough, the technology will advance to a point where my 3D hologram can narrate my work as if I were truly present. It’s surreal. It even inserts my personal expressions into the text. This used to be unimaginable. Sometimes, it even makes me nervous—I’m stunned by how far we've come.

It’s important to realize that we are witnessing one of the greatest spectacles in human history. This is not an exaggeration; it truly is unprecedented. You have a choice: you can be an active observer, fully conscious of what’s happening, or you can miss out on it entirely. 

This technological revolution is like the avant-garde art movement that once shocked the world. People were used to traditional realism, and then suddenly, they were confronted with radical new styles like Suprematism, which seemed completely insane at first. Today, we see those styles as foundational, but back then, they were viewed as utterly incomprehensible. 

The same is true of today’s digital landscape. What seems unfamiliar and overwhelming now will soon be an integral part of our lives. Just remember how our elders reacted to early mobile phones. They were cumbersome, unfamiliar, and often seen as unnecessary. People resisted, but look at where we are now—phones are an indispensable part of everyday life.

To avoid feeling left behind, we need to embrace this new reality. Sure, it’s scary at times. A little fear can be a good thing because it forces us to engage with the unfamiliar instead of retreating from it. The real challenge is to shift from a passive stance to a proactive one, where we actively engage with the new, rather than just enduring the endless updates and changes that seem to happen at lightning speed.

More Thoughts:

I think this narrative brilliantly captures a common struggle we all face: the constant pace of change and the fear of being left behind. The speaker’s journey from apprehension to engagement shows that while technology can be intimidating, it’s also full of potential for those willing to take the plunge. The key takeaway here is that uncertainty isn't something to dread; it's a playground of possibilities. It’s about adopting a mindset that sees every challenge as a learning opportunity. 

This approach is empowering because it turns fear into a motivator and a guide. Rather than shying away from the unknown, we should view it as an adventure—an opportunity to shape our understanding of the world and perhaps even our role in it. The rapid evolution of technology is not just a spectacle to watch but an invitation to participate, adapt, and grow.