stop trying and start livingThere was a time when I often told myself that I was content with my life, that I was happy. But deep down, I couldn’t quite believe it. I think many of us feel this way - we sense that our life, as it is, is our happiness, yet we’re scared to fully accept that truth. Why? Because admitting this would mean letting go of control, recognizing that we can’t dictate every detail of our journey.

This realization was daunting for me. To believe that my life is my happiness meant diving into the unpredictable flow of events, trusting that whatever happens is part of that happiness. But that’s terrifying because it means acknowledging that things might not always go as planned. What if I’m setting myself up for disappointment? What if I let go, only to find that I was wrong?

This fear kept me in a cycle of hesitation. I would tell myself, “I’ll give it a try,” but deep down, I knew that trying was just a way to keep that back door open, a way to retreat if things didn’t go well. After all, life had taught me that things don’t always work out, and I had suffered enough to know that failure was a real possibility. Every time I approached a new goal or phase in life with the mindset of "trying," I was already preparing for the possibility of failure, holding back from fully committing to the idea that my life, in all its uncertainties, could embody happiness.

It wasn’t until I began to understand the difference between "trying" and "doing" that things began to shift for me. Trying is full of doubt and hesitation. It’s a way of protecting ourselves from the pain of failure by not fully committing. But doing - Doing means embracing life fully, without reservation, without that safety net of doubt. It means trusting that our life, with all its unpredictability, is indeed our happiness.

When I started to shift my perspective and stopped telling myself, “I’ll try,” and began saying, “I will,” I noticed a change. I was no longer just testing the waters - I was diving in fully. I stopped being afraid to believe that my life, in all its complexity, could be my happiness. And in that acceptance, I found a deeper sense of fulfillment.

So if you find yourself stuck in that cycle of doubt, afraid to fully embrace your life as your happiness, I encourage you to take that leap. Stop trying and start doing. Accept that your life, with all its uncertainties, is your happiness. Trust that everything happening to you is part of that truth. It’s scary, I know, but it’s in that leap of faith that we break free from doubt and truly start living.

I recommend you to read a post about Uncertain Future

I really resonate with what you've shared - especially the part about the difference between "trying" and "doing." It’s something I’ve wrestled with for a long time. What helped me make that shift was recognizing that doubt and fear will always be there, but they don’t have to control my actions. I started asking myself: What would I do if I knew I couldn’t fail? That question pushed me to take steps forward without overthinking the outcome.

One thing that I’d love to add is the importance of small, consistent actions. Sometimes, we think that committing fully means taking giant leaps, but often, it’s the small daily choices that lead to real transformation. For example, instead of focusing on trying to change everything at once, I began committing to one small act each day that aligns with the life I want to live. Over time, these small actions built up my confidence and made "doing" feel more natural.

Have you noticed any specific small actions or practices that help you shift from trying to doing? I’d be curious to hear what’s worked for you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many people perceive the world as a complex and unpredictable place, full of variables and circumstances that make it hard to understand what's happening, let alone decide how to act. Whether it's moving to a new city, changing jobs, shifting social circles, or dealing with relationships—be it a breakup or a new beginning—people often feel pressured to make decisions. Sometimes, this pressure comes from external factors, while other times, it’s an internal feeling that staying in the same situation is no longer an option.

In such situations, we feel the need to act, to make a choice. The challenge is how to change our perception of the situation or ourselves to better adapt to this uncertainty. Adapting to uncertainty is a significant quest that we all must face. Instead of simply reacting to change, it might be more helpful to understand how our perception of the world aligns with our self-image.

We all hold certain beliefs about the world, whether about our careers, relationships, or social dynamics. These beliefs often serve to explain our own problems, which is a natural way of thinking. We look at reality, identify issues, and believe that the problem lies in these external factors. However, the real issue often lies in how we function within these situations and how we see ourselves in relation to them.

Usually, we have two sets of perceptions: one about the world and one about ourselves. The struggle arises when we try to align these two perceptions and fail. If you ask someone what they think about themselves, they can tell you. But if you ask about a problematic area in their life, they’ll focus on that issue. Yet, these two things are interconnected. For example, problems you face may stem from how you see yourself or how you perceive and react to the world around you.

Aligning our internal self-image with our view of the world is crucial. Often, our self-perception is clouded by biases, past experiences, and ingrained beliefs, making it difficult to see things objectively. For instance, someone might believe they are great at getting along with others, yet their work environment is full of conflict. This discrepancy reveals a gap in self-awareness and the ability to objectively assess the situation.

Recognizing these contradictions is key to uncovering the hidden aspects of our perceptions. We must understand that our perceptions of the world and ourselves can and should change. This flexibility is necessary for growth and adaptation. Our world view holds possibilities, but we must also be able to objectively evaluate ourselves and our capabilities.

In today’s complex world, people often seek instructions or guidelines to navigate life. In the past, life was simpler, and people had a clearer understanding of how things worked. Now, with the world’s increasing complexity, our desire for clear instructions has grown. However, relying solely on instructions without understanding the underlying principles can leave us feeling lost when those instructions are unavailable.

The world’s complexity hasn’t removed its underlying logic. Fundamental principles still exist, and it’s our task to recognize and apply them. If we can identify these principles, we can better understand both the world and ourselves.

People often feel overwhelmed by circumstances, leading to a loss of trust in their ability to navigate life. They feel disconnected from their own actions and thoughts, resulting in confusion. The key to overcoming this is to reconstruct our world view in a way that allows us to find stability amidst the chaos.

In the past, life was more structured, with clear paths and expectations. Today, the abundance of choices, while liberating, can also be paralyzing. Whether in our professional lives or personal relationships, the lack of clear strategies can make us feel uncertain and insecure. Our task now is to reconstruct our understanding of the world in a way that allows us to navigate it effectively, even when it lacks the clear structure it once had.

This process begins with a deep understanding of the reality around us, not just physical phenomena but also relationships, cultural norms, economic factors, and the digital environment. These elements shape our reality and, consequently, our self-perception. By developing the ability to think critically and adaptively, we can create a coherent picture of the world that allows us to function effectively within it.

Final Thoughts:

This discussion highlights the importance of aligning our self-perception with our understanding of the world, especially in an era of complexity and uncertainty. It’s not just about finding instructions or following guidelines but about developing a deeper understanding of the principles that govern both our internal and external realities. By doing so, we become better equipped to navigate the unpredictability of life with clarity and purpose.

I also recommend you to read: